If you like spicy food and potatoes, you are going to love this. A very simple side dish which can be served with roti or rice and curd. I made this with baby potatoes, you can use the normal potatoes as well. Just take care not to mash the potatoes.So, lets get started...
1. Baby potatoes - 12
2. Turmeric powder - 1/4 tsp
Chilly powder - 1 tsp
Coriander powder - 1 tsp
Finely chopped ginger - 1/2 tsp
Finely chopped garlic - 1/2 tsp
3. Onion - 1, finely chopped
Mustard seeds - 1/2 tsp
Cumin seeds - 1/2 tsp
Garam masala - 1/2 tsp (check cooking tips for the recipe)
Shredded coconut - 2 tsp (optional)
Curry leaves - a few
1. Boil the baby potatoes(unpeeled) in a pan till they are about 3/4th cooked. Peel them and marinate with the ingredients listed under item 2.
2. In a pan, heat oil and splutter mustard and cumin seeds. Add onions and saute till they are light brown.
3. Add the marinated potatoes, mix well and cover and cook for 5 mins. Sprinkle a little water to prevent burning the potatoes.
4. Add coconut, garam masala and curry leaves combine well. Keep frying till the potaotes are dark in colour and well coated with masala
I love this with rice and kachiya moru.
Sending this to Quick and Easy Recipe Mela hosted by SpicyTasty
Also to Potato Mania hosted by Siri