A very nutritious pulav which can be made in a jiffy. If you pack lunch for yourself, kids or spouse, give this a try. A friend had asked me for some nutritious and colourful varities of rice that she can pack for kid's lunch. She was running out of ideas, and this was one I suggested.Instead of palak, you can choose methi (fenugreek leaves) or a combination of both.
Palak/Spinach - a big bunch
Cumin seeds/Jeera - 1 tsp
Onion - 1, finely chopped
Green chilly - 3 slit lengthwise
Basmati Rice - 1.5 cups
1. Cook the rice with 3 cups of water. Spread it on a tray and let it cool.
2. Heat oil in a pan and add cumin seeds.
3. Add onion and green chillies and saute for a minute.
4. Add chopped palak and salt and mix well.Palak releases lot of water while cooking. So, keep it on high flame, till the palak is cooked and and water is evaporated.
5. Add the cooked rice and mix well.Saute on high flame for few minutes.
Sending this to Quick and Easy Recipe Mela hosted by SpicyTasty
Linking this to Life is Green Event