Mushroom Biriyani is a quick and easy meal. I make it quite often when I'm lazy to cook something elaborate . It is a tasty dish to pack for lunch too...
Closed up or button mushrooms - 250 gms (cut each into 4 or more pieces)
Onion - 1 finely chopped
Tomato - 1 finely chopped
Ginger Garlic paste - 2 tsp
Fennel seeds - 1/2 tsp
Cinnamon - a small piece
Cloves - 2 or 3
Cardamom - 2
Turmeric powder - 1/4 tsp
Chilly powder - 1 tsp
Garam masala - 1 tsp (Check cooking tips for the recipe)
Basmati Rice - 1.5 cups
Hot water - 3 cups
Lemon juice - 2 tsp
Coriander leaves - to garnish
1. Heat oil in a big pan and add the fennel seeds, cardamom,cinnamon and cloves.
2. Add onions and saute till soft.
3. Add ginger garlic paste and saute for a minute.
4. Add tomatoes and when they turn soft, add the masala powders and saute for a minute.
5. Add mushroom pieces and cover and cook for 2-3 mins. Mushroom releases lot of water.
6. Add the rice and combine well. Add 3 cups of hot water, lemon juice and salt and mix well.
7. Cover and cook till rice is done.
8. Garnish with coriander leaves.
Serve with raitha...
Linking to Rice Recipes