Lemon rice has saved me many times when I had to pack something for lunch, but had very little time. This is one of the best options when I feel lazy to make a curry. Serve with pickle and thats a tasty meal...I just added some coconut to the basic lemon rice recipe just for a change.
Basmati Rice – 1 cup
Oil – 1 tbsp
Mustard seeds - 1/2 tsp
Onion – 1 small size, finely chopped
Green chillies – 2, slit
Curry leaves - a sprig
Chana dal - 1 tbsp or a little more
Shredded Coconut - 2 to 3 tbsp (If you skip this, you get lemon rice)
Turmeric powder – 1/4 tsp
Lemon juice – of 1 lemon
1. Cook rice and let it cool. Keep aside.
2. In a pan, heat oil and splutter mustard seeds. Add chana dal and saute.
3. Saute onions, green chillies and curry leaves for a minute.Add turmeric powder and mix.
4. Add Shredded coconut, salt and lemon juice and combine well.
5. Add cooked rice and saute for a few minutes till the rice gets mixed well.
Sending this to Quick and Easy Recipe Mela hosted by SpicyTasty
Also linking to Rice Recipes