June 3, 2011

Coconut Butter Cookies



I am so happy today, I baked the first set of cookies. I must say I was very nervous as it was getting baked. I was wondering if it would be crisp and well baked, as my oven is highly unpredictable sometimes. I was very  surprised after having the first bite, it tasted so good. I found a very easy recipe with minimal ingredients on the net, and decided to try it immediately. This recipe is suitable for all the newbies who want to try cookie baking :-) Welcome to the world of cookies. My little girl Nikki has already had a few and looks like she would finish the whole batch soon...

Cookies remind me of the Cookieman shops in Forum and Garuda mall in Bangalore. As you enter the mall, you can use your nose to find the way to Cookieman. Today it happened at my home too. Nikki who was playing in another room, ran to the kitchen and stood near the oven. The lovely aroma of butter and vanilla essence was all over the place...

That was a pretty long introduction...here comes the recipe.

Ingredients:

Plain flour - 100 gm
Butter - 50 gm
Fine sugar - 50 gm
Grated fresh coconut - 50 gm
Baking powder - ¼ tsp
Milk - 1 tbsp
Vanilla essence - 1/2 tsp


Preparation:
1. Preheat the oven at 175 degree centigrade.
2. Mix the baking powder with the flour and sieve once to make the mixture uniform.
3. Beat the butter and the sugar until soft and creamy with the help of a spoon or a wire whisk.
4. Put in the flour, grated coconut, vanilla essence and milk and form into a dough.
5. Roll the dough into a cylinder. Cut into equal pieces and place them on a baking tray lined with baking parchment/paper.
6. Lightly press the pieces with a spoon/fork.
7. Bake at 175 degree centigrade for 15-20 minutes. Let it cool.

Store in air tight container, after cookies are completely cooled.

Below is the picture of a few cookies, topped with almond flakes.



Recipe Source: Divine Taste

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...