Blondies are a brown sugar based dessert bar resembling the traditional chocolate brownie. They are baked similar to how traditional brownies are baked, then cut into rectangular shapes for serving. They are sometimes referred to as blonde brownies, although are based from brown sugar, unlike brownies made with cocoa. I like blondies more than brownies, as I am not a chocolate lover. This recipe is quite simple to make and tastes great.
Plain Flour - 1 cup
Brown Soft Sugar - 1 cup (I used 3/4th cup and the sweetness was just right)
Butter (unsalted) - 100gm
Egg - 1
Baking Powder - 1/2 tsp
Vanilla Essence - 1 tsp
Salt - a pinch
Chopped Nuts of your choice - 1/2 cup (I used almonds, pecan, hazel nuts and cashews)
1. Preheat the oven to 175C. Grease a baking tin and set aside.
2. Whisk together the melted butter and sugar in a bowl.
3. Add in the egg & vanilla essence and whisk some more.
4. Add the sifted Flour along with baking powder and salt and blend in the chopped nuts.
5. Scrape the batter to the greased tin.
6. Sprinkle more nuts if you want over the top and bake in for 20-25 minutes or till a skewer inserted comes clean.
Allow it to cool, Slice & Serve
Recipe Source: Bon Appetit, visit the blog for step by step pictorial which is very useful