June 13, 2011

Okra Stir Fry




Wondering why I have posted such a simple and ordinary recipe? Well, following the launch of my blog, many of my friends have been asking me for simple recipes for day-to-day cooking. Most of these friends are new to the kitchen and are experimenting with recipes from the internet. So, I decided to help them with some simple recipes. Almost all my recipes are simple, as I don't like to spend more than half an hour in the kitchen :-)

So, here is the recipe

Ingredients:

Okra/Lady's Finger/Bhindi - 250 gms
Mustard seeds - 1/2 tsp
Onion -1, finely chopped
Turmeric powder - a pinch or two
Chilly powder - 1 tsp
Curry leaves - a few
Salt
Oil

Preparation:
1. Heat oil in a pan and splutter mustard seeds.
2. Add onion and saute for a minute.
3. Add turmeric powder, chilly powder,chopped okra, salt, curry leaves and combine well.
4. The okra will appear very sticky in the beginning, keep stir frying on medium-high flame till they become non-sticky, dry and cooked.

Note: Do not cover the pan with a lid while cooking this. It has to be stirred continously till cooked.

Linking this to Life is Green Event 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...