I am baking this cake for the third time now. My husband and little girl are so fond of this one that they can finish it in just a day and keeps asking for more. It is a very easy recipe with minimal ingredients. I didn't get it right the first time, due to some issues with my oven. So, I decided to keep trying, till it came out perfect :-)
Butter – 125 gm, softened
Vanilla essence – 1 tsp
Caster sugar – 1 cup
Eggs – 3, at room temperature (I used only 2 eggs)
Plain flour – 1 cup, (150 gm)
Self-raising flour – 1/2 cup, (75 gm)
Bicarbonate of soda – 1/4 tsp
Milk – 1/2 cup (125 ml) at room temp
1. Preheat oven to 180 C, 10 mins before baking.
2. Grease a deep 20 cm/8 inch round cake tin or loaf tin; line base with baking paper.
3. Beat ingredients in medium bowl on low speed with electric mixer until just combined.
4. Beat on medium speed until mixture is smooth and changed to a paler colour. Pour mixture into prepared pan.
5. Bake cake in the preheated oven for 40-50 mins or until the skewer inserted comes out clean.
6. Stand cake 5 minutes then turn onto wire rack to cool
Recipe source: Maria's Menu