This is one of the easiest prawn recipes. I believe that this is a Mangalore style dish (correct me, if I'm wrong). This is a modified version of my mother's recipe.
Cleaned and peeled small prawns - 200 gms
Grated or finely chopped ginger - 1/2 tsp
Grated or finely chopped garlic - 1/2 tsp
Kashmiri chilly powder - 1 tbsp (If you are using normal chilly powder, it is 1 teaspoon)
Turmeric powder - 1/4 tsp
Rava - 2 to 3 tbsp
Curry leaves - a sprig or more
Green chillies - 2 or 3 slit lengthwise
Oil for deep frying
I have tried this with fresh and frozen prawns. I recommend that you use only fresh prawns for this recipe as they are much more delicious and soft than frozen ones.
1. Marinate the prawns with ginger, garlic, chilly powder, turmeric powder and salt for about 15 minutes.
2. Add rava and combine well and keep marinated for 3-4 minutes more.
3. Heat oil in a pan for deep frying. Add the prawns followed by the green chillies and curry leaves.
4. Fry till they are golden and cooked, but still soft. Note that the prawns get hard, if you fry for longer time.
5. Drain the prawns. You can see that a lot of fried rava is still in the oil. Use a sieve to filter it from the oil and spread it on the prawns.
6. Serve hot. Do not discard the fried curry leaves and green chillies. They are very crisp and tasty.