I love mushrooms and keep experimenting with them. Mushrooms and matar is a great combination and goes well with roti, naan, paratta etc.
Here is the recipe...
Closed cup or button mushrooms - 250 gms, cleaned and cut into peices
Green peas - 1 cup
Onion - 2, finely chopped
Tomato -1, finely chopped
Cumin seeds - 1/2 tsp
Ginger Garlic paste - 1 tsp
Turmeric powder - 1/4 tsp
Chilly powder - 1 tsp
Coriander powder - 2 tsp
Garam masala powder - 1/2 to 1 tsp as you like (Check cooking tips for the recipe)
Pepper powder - 1/2 tsp (optional)
Chopped coriander leaves - to garnish
1. Heat oil in a pan and splutter cumin seeds.
2. Add onion and saute till it becomes soft.
3. Add ginger garlic paste and saute for a minute.
4. Add Turmeric, chilly and coriander powder and combine well and saute for a few seconds.
5. Add tomatoes and salt and cook till they are soft and mushy.
6. Now add the mushroom pieces, combine well and cover and cook for 5 minutes. Note that there is no need to add water as mushroom has a lot of water content which gets released as it cooks. The secret of cooking mushroom well is not to add water at all.
7. After 5 mins, add the green peas, garam masala and pepper powder. You can see that there will be enough water in the pan to cook the green peas. If you want more gravy add 1/2 cup of water and cover and cook till peas is done.
8. Garnish with coriander leaves and serve hot.
Linking this to Life is Green Event