July 18, 2011
Kheema Spaghetti is a fusion of the Italian origin Spaghetti and our desi Kheema. Vegetarians may use soya chunks minced instead of kheema. I wanted something quick and easy for dinner and this recipe was just perfect.
1. Minced chicken/Kheema - 250 gms
Turmeric powder - 1/4 tsp
Chilly powder - 1/2 tsp
Meat masala / Garam masala - 1 tsp (adjust to suit your taste)
Ginger garlic paste - 1/2 tsp
2. Onion - 1, diced
Capsicum/Bell Pepper - 1/2 of a medium size, cubed
Tomato ketchup - 2 tbsp (adjust to suit your taste)
3. Spaghetti - 200 gms
1. Cook the ingredients listed as item 1 till the kheema is cooked well.
2. Heat a little oil in a pan and saute onions and bell pepper for a few minutes. Add the cooked kheema and tomato ketchup to this and combine well.The kheema mix is now ready.
3. Boil water in a large pan and add a little salt. Add spaghetti and 1 tsp of oil and cook for 10-15 mins. For the cooking guidelines, follow the instructions on the spaghetti pack. When spaghetti is cooked, transfer to a colander to drain the water.
4. Mix the spaghetti and kheema just before serving.
Serve hot. The above quantity serves 2-3 people as a main dish.
You may use any other pasta of your choice instead of spaghetti and follow the same recipe.
Linking to Anyone can cook - Series 26