This recipe combines the goodness of Cauliflower/Gobi and Green Peas/Matar. It can be served with roti or rice as a side dish. Cauliflower is high in dietary fiber, folate and vitamin C and Green Peas are high in fiber, protein, vitamins and minerals.
Cauliflower - 1, small
Fresh/frozen green peas - 1 cup
Onion - 1, finely chopped
Tomato - 1, finely chopped
Jeera/cumin seeds - 1 tsp
Chilly powder - 3/4 to 1 tsp
Turmeric powder - 1/4 tsp
Coriander powder - 2 tsp
Garam masala - 1/2 tsp (Check cooking tips for homemade garam masala recipe)
Kasoori methi - 1/2 to 1 tsp
Tomato puree - 1 tbsp (optional. It gives a light tangy flavour and red colour to this dish)
Oil - 1 tbsp
Coriander leaves - to garnish
1. Cut the cauliflower into florets. Wash and clean in salted hot water. Drain and keep aside.
2. If you are using frozen green peas, soak in warm water till tender. Drain and keep aside.
3. Heat oil in a pan and add jeera. Add onion and saute till onion starts turning brown.
4. Add turmeric, chilly and coriander powders and saute for a minute.
5. Add tomatoes and saute till they become soft.
6. Add gobi florets and combine well with the masala. Add 1/2 cup water and salt and cover and cook till gobi is half done.
7. Add green peas, garam masala, kasoori methi and tomato puree and cover and cook till gobi and matar is cooked. I prepare this as a side dish without any gravy. Add more water if you want it as a curry.
8. Garnish with chopped coriander leaves.
Linking this to Life is Green Event