We love hot idlis wth spicy chutneys. I keep experimenting with the chutneys and here is one spicy tomato chutney recipe. This is a modified version of tomato chutney that my ma-in-law makes.
Onion - 1 chopped
Tomato - 2 chopped
Turmeric powder - 1/4 tsp
Chilly powder - 1.5 to 2 tsp
Shredded coconut - 2 tbsp
Oil - 1 to 2 tbsp
Oil - 1 tsp
Mustard seeds - 1/2 tsp
Curry leaves - a few
1. Heat oil in a pan and add onions. Saute till they are soft.
2. Add turmeric powder and salt and mix well.
3. Add chopped tomatoes and saute till tomatoes are cooked well.
4. Add chilly powder and mix well.
5. Add shredded coconut and saute for a minute.
6. Let it cool. Grind it to a smooth paste. I generally add no water for grinding.
7. Heat 1 tsp of oil in a pan and splutter mustard seeds.
8. Add curry leaves and then add the ground paste.Saute for a couple of minutes.
Serve with hot idli or dosa...