This is an easy and nutritious side dish. I made it especially for my daughter who loves greenpeas but not egg. But she loves this dish as egg comes with the peas :-)
You may also add diced carrots to this to make it more colorful and nutritious too.
This may also be used as a sandwich filling.
Easy recipe suitable for bachelor cooking too.
Green peas / Matar (fresh or frozen) - 1 cup
Onion - 1 small finely chopped
Turmeric powder - 1/4 tsp
Chilly powder - 3/4 to 1 tsp
Coriander powder - 1 tsp
Tomato - 1/2 finely chopped
Mustard and cumin seeds - 1/2 tsp each
Egg -2 beaten with a pinch of salt
Coriander leaves or curry leaves
1. Heat oil in a pan and splutter mustard and cumin seeds.
2. Add onions and saute well till the onions are soft.
3. Add all the spice powders and salt and mix well.
4. Add tomatoes and saute till oil appears.
5. Add the green peas and mix well. Cover and cook till they are half done. If you are using frozen peas, soak it in warm water till tender.
6. Add the beaten egg to this and stir well while adding so that the egg is scrambled properly.
7. Add coriander leaves or curry leaves and stir well.