I love paneer in any form. I usually make Matar Paneer, but this time I decided to try kadai paneer for a change. I use store bought paneer.
Paneer cubes - 250 gms
Capsicum/Bell Pepper - 1 diced
Onion - 1 diced
Ginger Garlic Paste - 1 tsp
Tomato puree - 2 tbsp
Turmeric powder - 1/4 tsp
Chilly powder - 1 tsp or more
Coriander powder - 1 tsp
Garam masala - 1/2 tsp (I use home made masala. Check cooking tips for the recipe)
Kasoori methi - a pinch
Ghee/Oil - 2 tbsp
1. Heat Ghee/Oil in a pan, add onions and saute till they are soft.
2. Add ginger garlic paste and saute well.
3. Add the spice powders,kasoori methi and salt and saute for a minute.
4. Add tomato puree and saute till oil starts appearing.
5. Now add capsicum and mix well. Add some warm water and cover and cook for a couple of minutes.
6. Add paneer cubes and combine. Check the gravy and add water if required.
7. Cover and cook on low flame for few minutes.
8. Serve hot with chappathi, roti or nan.