Cauliflower/gobi dishes are my favourites in vegetarian cuisine. Chilly Gobi tops the list. I never thought home made chilly gobi would taste so good until I tried it out after finding the recipe on Mariasmenu website. I've made a few changes to her original recipe.
Here is the recipe
Cauliflower florets – 2 cups
Plain flour (maida) – 3 tbsp
Cornflour – 2tbsp
Pepper powder – 1/2 tsp
Oil – 1 tsp
Onion – 1 big, chopped
Ginger – 1 tbsp, chopped
Garlic – 1 1/2 tbsp, sliced
Green chilly – 1-2
Soya sauce – 1 – 1/2 tbsp
Tomato sauce – 2 tbsp
Red chilly sauce – 1 1/2 tbsp
Pepper powder – 1 tsp
1. Boil cauliflower florets in salted water for 3-5 minutes and drain the water completely.
2. Make a thick batter with the marination ingredients. Dip the cauliflower florets in the batter & shallow fry it till the florets become golden brown. Keep it aside.
3. In the same oil, add ginger, garlic, green chilly & onion. Cook till the onion becomes soft.
4. Add all the sauces, pepper powder and salt. Mix well.
5. Add the fried cauliflower & combine well. Make sure that the florets are well coated with the sauces.
6. Garnish with spring onion, coriander leaves etc; Serve hot.
Notes: You can use red chilly paste instead of red chilly sauce. To make red chilly paste, add 1 tsp of vinegar to 2 tsp Kashmiri chilly powder.
Recipe Source: www.mariasmenu.com