This morning when Radhika posted these muffins, I wanted to try these very soon. I had already bookmarked this in Nigella Lawson's website, but due to some reason I couldn't bake it. So Radhika's post came as a reminder and when I checked my pantry, I had all the ingredients at hand. Also, I wanted to try something chocolatey with the Cadbury Bournville cocoa powder I bought from Cadbury World near Birmingham. I guess I haven't mentioned about my trip to the Cadbury factory at Bournville in any of the posts before. It is a wonderland for all the people who love chocolate. The aroma of freshly made chocolate fills the air and I relished every moment spent in the premises :-) There are demonstrations of how chocolates are made, the packaging and they give some samples too. The World's largest Cadbury Shop is located here where we can find all varieties of chocolate and related products of Cadbury. If you want to visit or know more check this link: Cadbury World
A few pics taken there...
|The chocolate shop|
|The handcrafted chocolate shoe|
Now coming to the recipe...These muffins are soft, moist, with a wonderful banana and chocolate flavour.
All purpose Flour - 1 cup
Baking soda - 1 tsp
Cocoa powder - 2 tbsp
Very ripe banana - 2
Egg - 1 large
Oil - 1/2 cup
Dark Brown Sugar - 1/2 cup
The above ingredients yield 8 regular muffins
1. Preheat oven to 200C and line the muffin tray with paper muffin cases or grease with a little oil.
2. Sift together flour, cocoa powder and baking soda and keep aside.
3. Mash the bananas very well using a blender or mixer. To this add oil followed by eggs and sugar. Mix well after adding each ingredient.
4. Add the flour and cocoa mix to this wet mix and combine well.
5. Scoop into the muffin pan and bake for 15-25 mins till they are baked well. Insert a toothpick or cocktail stick to check.
This is an excellent muffin for breakfast along with milk. Definitely a hit among kids. My daughter loves anything with chocolate and there is no need to say that she loved it. She could hardly wait till they cooled down.
Linking this with Anyone can cook: Series 32