September 5, 2011

Chocolate Banana Muffins


This morning when Radhika posted these muffins, I wanted to try these very soon. I had already bookmarked   this in Nigella Lawson's website, but due to some reason I couldn't bake it. So Radhika's post came as a reminder and when I checked my pantry, I had all the ingredients at hand. Also, I wanted to try something chocolatey with the Cadbury Bournville cocoa powder I bought from Cadbury World near Birmingham. I guess I haven't mentioned about my trip to the Cadbury factory at Bournville  in any of the posts before. It is a wonderland for all the people who love chocolate. The aroma of freshly made chocolate fills the air and I relished every moment spent in the premises :-) There are demonstrations of how chocolates are made, the packaging and they give some samples too. The World's largest Cadbury Shop is located here where we can find all varieties of chocolate and related products of Cadbury. If you want to visit or know more check this link: Cadbury World

A few pics taken there...

The factory
The chocolate shop


The handcrafted chocolate shoe
Now coming to the recipe...These muffins are soft, moist, with a wonderful banana and chocolate flavour.

Ingredients:

All purpose Flour - 1 cup
Baking soda - 1 tsp
Cocoa powder - 2 tbsp
Very ripe banana - 2
Egg - 1 large
Oil - 1/2 cup
Dark Brown Sugar - 1/2 cup

The above ingredients yield 8 regular muffins

Preparation:

1. Preheat oven to 200C and line the muffin tray with paper muffin cases or grease with a little oil.
2. Sift together flour, cocoa powder and baking soda and keep aside.
3. Mash the bananas very well using a blender or mixer. To this add oil followed by eggs and sugar. Mix well after adding each ingredient.
4. Add the flour and cocoa mix to this wet mix and combine well.
5. Scoop into the muffin pan and bake for 15-25 mins till they are baked well.  Insert a toothpick or cocktail stick to check.

This is an excellent muffin for breakfast along with milk. Definitely a hit among kids. My daughter loves anything with chocolate and there is no need to say that she loved it. She could hardly wait till they cooled down.

Linking this with Anyone can cook: Series 32



16 comments:

  1. Muffins look very nice! wonderful post,loved the pics...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Muffins look so delectable.Also loved the little write up about Cadbury world.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow Ramya! The muffins look yum! It's such a coincidence that I see a lot of chocolate cupcake recipes today! Talk about telepathy! And hey, thanks for the lovely comment u posted for the Chicken Sukka recipe on my blog..glad u tried & loved it too! Looking fwd to ur post!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Muffin looks very rice. came out very perfect dear.

    Cheers,
    Uma

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yummy muffins...fell in love with them at Radhika's space itself..and now you are tempting me

    ReplyDelete
  6. muffins looks perfectly made Ramya :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. A classic combo ~ looks so chocolaty n yum!
    USMasala

    ReplyDelete
  8. The muffins look so yum and chocolate-y... I would love to visit the cadbury factory

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for trying it out Ramya. Wish I could get liners like that here.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I have heard about Birmingham's Chocolate factory but never got a chance to visit. BTW muffins looks too good, thank you for linking with Any One can Cook :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Even i would love to visit the factory.lovely n yummy muffins.i too bake banana muffins very often.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...