I tasted this dish at my friend Mridula's home on her daughter's birthday party and I just loved it. She has a lot of yummy recipes in her Facebook Page - Mila's Kitchen. Do check it out...
If you like tangy and saucy chicken, you are sure to love this recipe.
1. Boneless chicken - 500 gms cut to bite size pieces
Chilly powder - 2 tsp
Soy sauce - 2 tsp
Finely chopped garlic - 1 tsp
2. Corn flour - 3 tbsp
Oil for shallow frying chicken
3. Finely chopped Garlic - 1 tbsp
Green chillies - 3, finely chopped
Soy sauce - 1 tbsp
Tomato sauce - 2 tbsp
Tomatoes - 2
Chilly powder - 1/2 to 1 tsp
Spring onions - to garnish
1. Marinate the ingredients in item 1 for about 1-2 hrs.
2. Add some water and pressure cook the marinated chicken for 1 whistle. When the pressure is released, drain the chicken peices from the stock and coat it with corn flour. Reserve the chicken stock for the gravy.
3. Heat oil in a pan to shallow fry the chicken. Fry till the chicken is cooked, but still soft. Drain and keep aside.
4. In the same pan and oil, add garlic and saute till you get the aroma. Add green chillies, soy sauce and tomato sauce and combine well.
5. Blend the tomatoes in a food processor or mixer and add it to the pan along with chicken stock. Add a little chilly powder. Bring to a boil.
6. Add the left over cornflour used for coating the chicken. Add the chicken pieces and simmer for few minutes. Do a taste check and adjust salt and spiciness and the gravy consistency. Garnish with spring onions.
Tastes great with Fried rice, paratha and naan.
Sending this to Anyone Can Cook: Series 29
Also sending to Iftar Nights
Linking to Joy from Fasting to Feasting-IV at Yummy Food