Hot Soups are a comfort food on cold evenings. Though it is summer here, last few days have been rainy and cold. This is one of the easiest soup and I made it specially for my daughter who loves sweet corn and chicken. This soup is very healthy too as I have not added even a drop of oil, but it still tastes yummy.
1. Chicken pieces - 1 to 1.5 cups(4-5 medium pieces).
Garlic - 2 to 3 cloves finely chopped
Pepper powder - 1/4 to 1/2 tsp
Water - 2 cups
Salt to taste
2. Sweet corn - 1 can of 200 gms
Corn flour/Corn starch - 1 tsp
1. Add the ingredients listed as item 1 to a saucepan and cook till chicken is done. I do it in a pressure cooker to make it easier. Drain the chicken pieces from the stock and keep aside.
2. Take 3/4 of the sweetcorns from the can and blend in a food processor/mixer till smooth. Add this to the chicken stock along with the remaining 1/4th portion of sweetcorns and bring it to boil. If you are using creamed corn, there is no need to blend.
3. Meanwhile chop the chicken pieces. If you are using chicken with bones, remove and discard the bones.
4. Add chopped chicken to the stock and simmer for few minutes.
5. Add corn starch to a few tablespoons of water and mix well. Pour this to the boiling soup. The soup starts thickening. Do a taste check and add salt if required.
Sending this to Souper Sundays at Kahakai Kitchen
This also goes to Iftar Nights at Jabeen's Corner
Anyone Can Cook:Series 30