It's been a while I posted an egg curry recipe. This is one of our favourite curries that goes well along with appam, chappathi, pathiri, malabar paratha, rice etc.
Potatoes - 1 large
Eggs - 3 or 4, hard boiled and shelled
Onion - 1, sliced thin
Ginger chopped - 1 tsp
Garlic chopped - 1 tsp
Green chillies - 2, slit
Turmeric powder - 1/4 tsp
Chilly powder - 1/2 tsp
Coriander powder - 1 tbsp
Tomato - 1, chopped
Garam masala - 1/2 tsp or to taste
Crushed pepper - 1/2 tsp or to taste
Oil - 2 tbsp
Fennel seeds - 1/2 tsp
Coriander leaves chopped - 2 tbsp
Thick Coconut milk - optional
Salt to taste
1. Peel and cube the potato and keep aside in a bowl of water.
2. Heat oil in a pan and add fennel seeds. Add onions,ginger,garlic and green chillies and saute till onions are transparent.
3. Add turmeric, coriander and chilly powders. Add chopped tomatoes and saute till mushy.
4. Add potatoes, salt and 1/2 cup of water and cover and cook till potatoes are done. I lighlty mash a few potato cubes to make the curry thicker.
5. Add the garam masala and crushed pepper. Add the hard boiled eggs and simmer for few minutes. You may add thick coconut milk at this point. Garnish with coriander leaves.
The Kerala Kitchen - April 2012 hosted by me